Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Bird and lock

This morning I woke up to scratching sounds in the metal pipe between the wood stove and the chimney.  A bird had fallen down the chimney.  It happens every few years.  Once the bird finally made its way down into the wood stove itself, and settled down, and Daisy lost interest and went into the living room, I used an old towel to grab it.  Then I released it outside to fly away.

Please kind sir, could you let me out?


This afternoon the house's door handle broke off.  I always tug on the handle to make sure the door is closed tight.  That over the years, and my strength, did the handle in.  These handles usually have a lifetime warranty - but who keeps receipts of things like this?  I bought and installed a new door handle - and deadbolt to go with it to keep things on one key.


No comments: