Wednesday, September 16, 2015

In the shed

Rain came by 1 am Tuesday night/morning.  With a broken cab door it was important to get the tractor under shelter.  I cleared out most of the stuff temporarily stored in one stall of the pole shed.  It was dark by the time I was done.  I found that the tractor's lights front and back are massive and bright.

The tractor just fits in there. Part of the bale spear sticks out from under the roof.  I have to remember to turn the radio's antenna down closer to the cab when I drive in here.


I put the block of wood in front of the bale spear point so I don't accidentally run into the spear.

I ordered a new cab door.  The "$300 plus shipping" door is for tractor serial number 420001 and up.  I have an earlier serial number before John Deere made a slight modification to the cab and door.  So I have to get a door from John Deere itself instead of an after market company. The cost... $497.

No comments: