Friday, September 11, 2015

Corral fix

I've found time between moving irrigation pipes to work on other things.

I finally trapped the last of the pocket gophers (for now).   September is a tough month to trap pocket gophers. Over the years I have noticed gophers around this time of year would  fill the traps with dirt rather than go inside the traps.  Over and over I would clear the trap and reset it.   This morning after going around and around clearing the traps I trapped the final two gophers.  That makes 33 for the year, a few more than the total trapped last year.


I finally got the last of the corral repairs done.  I replaced a board the calves broke last Spring when reaching for grass outside the corral.  I also straightened a railroad holding a gate and also the gate itself after Buddy had bent it last Spring.  I used my tractor.  Otherwise I would have had to use a chain and the pickup to pull and straighten the railroad tie.

Straightening a railroad tie

Straightening a gate

No comments: