Tuesday, April 21, 2015

New pole finally

Remember last July when I wrote about the overhead power lines along the property's southern boundary being so low and Wyatt's hay wagon almost snagging one of the lines?   I've been after the electric company off and on since last year to fix the situation. I was a low priority 'make work' project. I called them again this morning and to my surprise they came out in about an hour after I called.

I showed them where an electric company employee had marked the location of the new pole last year.  The new pole was needed as the span between two existing poles was far apart.  These workers were amazed at how low the wires hung.

A few hours later they had put in a new pole and attached the wires.  The new pole is slightly taller than the other poles.  The overhead wires are now plenty high.

While the ground is dry and solid, the trucks were plenty heavy and left wheel track impressions in the ground.  I'll have to re-drag the harrow over the tracks.


In the following photo, one worker is holding a long 'rod'.  This 'rod' is attached to a hose running from one of the trucks and vibrates to compact the ground around the pole.




No comments: