Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Hay and horns

I got another large hay bale for the yearlings.  I locked them in the loading corral where they could eat green grass while I pulled the bale into their part of the corral.  A good thing I moved the yearlings as the bale fell off the wooden pallet just before entering their part of the corral.  As the bale weighed about 1100 to 1200 pounds I was able - with some effort - to roll the bale the rest of the way into the corral and into the metal feeder seen in the background.



Here is a photo of the banded horned steer.  The bands are still on and appear to be working.  The photo's colors don't quite capture that below the bands the color is a little more red indicating the stoppage of the blood flow.   The bands do not seem to be bothering the steer.


No comments: