Thursday, November 29, 2012

Burning down the house

Yesterday Tammy almost burned down the house.  I had the wood stove going so the house would be warm for Tammy while I was outside working.  Since Tammy forgets to add logs to the fire I took a break to come in the house to add a log or two to the fire.  When I stepped inside the house the house smelled strongly of smoke and I saw the living room was all smokey.

Tammy was in the living room talking on her computer to her daughter.  I went to check the wood stove and found she had placed a knitted pot holder on top of the wood stove and placed an old candle on it to melt the wax.  The pot holder was smoldering and smoking heavily.  I took it outside and stomped it out.

Tammy said she didn't notice the smoke.  It took the air cleaner a long time to clear the air.

Tammy has joked that instead of remodeling the house she would like to either hire a bulldozer to knock my house down or burn it down.  Maybe she's not joking?

What's left of the pot holder.

The candle and the burn mark.


"Burning Down the House":
Watch out you might get what you're after
Cool babies strange but not a stranger
I'm an ordinary guy
Burning down the house

Hold tight wait till the party's over
Hold tight We're in for nasty weather
There has got to be a way
Burning down the house

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNnAvTTaJjM

No comments: