Saturday, November 03, 2012

Baby running to Momma

At times Momma wanders off to eat leaving Baby alone.  During the foggy Halloween night I could hear Baby in the south pasture calling for Momma.   The other day Tammy took a video of Baby running to rejoin Momma.

17 seconds long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvDCHxGOlnQ


Today Momma and Baby wandered into the corral to check it out. I then got rid of the wet left over hay from back when it snowed and put out some new dry hay for them to eat. Usually Momma is a tidy eater but today she was shaking the compacted hay loose and left a good amount on the ground next to the feeder.  I wonder if part of doing that was to enable Baby to reach the hay to eat it as the feeder is a little high for her.  I did put hay in a large round pail for Baby to eat but I also found later much of that hay was on the ground next to the pail.  Kids can be such messy eaters.

While Momma and Baby were in the corral I brought left over apple cores and lettuce for them.  Momma looked and then continued eating.  Baby came over after I moved away.  She ended up eating all the apple cores and left overs and was working on the bigger piece of lettuce stem.  Momma lost out.  While Tammy noticed Baby now has her top teeth in addition to her bottom teeth, she hasn't figured out how to eat full apples.  Not that Momma gives Baby a chance at any apples.  Momma prefers to eat the apples out of my or Tammy's hands and wants the next apple before she finishes chewing the previous one.

No comments: