Monday, August 01, 2011

Tetanus shot and more

Today I got my tetanus shot at the Flathead County immunization clinic.  Actually it was a Tdap shot: Tetanus, Diptheria and Pertussis.   Whooping Cough (pertussis) was a big problem in the Flathead Valley last Winter, and the nurse told me a 70 year old man came down with it today, August 1.   So I relented and spent the extra $16 to get the Pertussis dose in my shot.

I was overdue for a tetanus shot as my last one was in 2000.  The shots are good for ten years and the health people recommend getting a booster shot if one is cut or has wounds within a few years of having the original shot.  In my case that would mean getting a booster shot every few years as working around the ranch I am always getting cut, especially when working on barb wire fences.


While uptown I turned in my jury pool questionnaire.   I was selected to be in the jury pool for the Fall term.  You'd think Fall would mean: September, October and November.  No.  Fall for this Court means Sept 1 through February 29.  So, who knows, I may be on a jury.   "Guilty!  Guilty! Guilty!  Off with their head!"   Now that was easy.


Last night I mentioned one of the horses moved my garden hose as I was watering my raspberry plants.  Tonight I caught the white filly reaching over the fence and eating my raspberry plants.    Before I watered the plants the horses left them alone, even the one raspberry plant that grew outside the fence.  Now that they seen me water the plants, that perked their interest.  They ate the tops of over half the plants.  I had a small roll of field fence so I placed it over the top of the plants.  Tomorrow I will see if that stopped the horses.


My cherries are all gone.  One barely ripe cherry was left and I ate it before a robin could get to it.  Last night when I watered the strawberry plants one robin was up in a nearby tree having a fit that I was near "their" strawberries.

No comments: