Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mowing the fruit tree and garden area

Now that the horses are finished eating the grass in my fruit tree and garden area I mowed the leftover grass to give the area a cleaner look.  This was harder than normal as the grass was dried and tougher than normal.  Also hindering the mowing was some of the the grass was longer than the mower deck and stiff enough that the mower's suction didn't suck it into the blade to be cut.

This was dusty dirty work and my lawnmower quit when I was mowing and would not re-start.  I discovered my air cleaner was filthy and solid was dirt and dust.  Shaking and scraping the dust and dirt off the cleaner still left the air cleaner looking dirty.  So I ended up buying a new air cleaner.

The lawn mower still didn't want to run.  I took out the spark plug to find it black.  I scraped the carbon off the plug using sandpaper.  Cleaning the plug did the trick as my lawn mower now started.  After cleaning the spark plug I also found that the mower ran much longer on a tank of gas,

Next up: changing the mower's oil.


No comments: