Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Strawberry grass

After I weeded my strawberry patch the end of July it didn't take long for grass to reappear. Just add water.


Tuesday night I spent an hour starting to re-weed it.  This time, since I am not fighting tall strands of grass, I am able to follow the grass roots under the dirt to remove more of the roots.

While I was weeding, two deer came to the fence between the hayfield and yard and started hissing at me over in the fruit tree and garden area.  Even when I stood up they didn't want to leave.  Only when I walked towards them did they leave.  Minutes later when I was back at weeding they returned and hissed at me for a minute before leaving.  They want into the fruit tree and garden area to search for fallen apples. It is that time of year again.  Moving closer to Fall.

I am feeding the fallen apples to my cattle so each evening I pick up the fallen apples.  The other night the cattle were in the middle of the hayfield so I left an apple near their water trough.  Later after dark I heard a deer run off when I walked in the back yard.  I checked and the deer had eaten the apple in addition to drinking the cattle's water and licking the cattle's salt.  #@$% deer! 

No comments: