Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fence, cattle, ties, etc.

Not too much going on here.   The cattle abused another fence.  I am not sure if they broke the post or caused it to lean.  I think the poles are holding up a broken post.


I didn't feel like taking the poles off and the post out of the ground, so I pounded a few boards in the ground around the post for support and nailed everything together.  The fence is solid now.  It may not look the best...


Most of the times the cattle are nice to one another.  Here one of my heifers is licking another of my heifers.  Then later they started fighting.  Go figure!


Part of a stack of railroad ties fell over.  I don't know if the horses rubbed against the stack when they were in the pasture and caused it to fall over, or whether the stack fell on its own.  I re-stacked the ties.  Because some of the ties are not completely square, I put some small boards under some ties to prevent the stack from wobbling.

I am almost done trapping pocket gophers in my pastures.  Today I finished the south pasture.  I still have two traps out in the middle pasture as some pocket gophers moved back in after I thought I had cleared it.

I'm still spraying herbicide on my weeds.

No comments: