Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Turkeys

This morning a flock (or is it a rafter?) of wild turkeys passed through my front yard.


As you can see they hopped/flew on the fence to cross it. One turkey slipped through the fence and another tried and tried to slip through the fence before it finally figured out how to do it.  Then it ran like mad to catch up to the others who were sort-of waiting for it by the apple trees.

By the way... remember me talking about seeing what I thought were a herd of mule deer near my place a few days ago?  A neighbor who lives closer than I saw them too and said they were a herd of elk.

Ah... the wildlife.

Even with the off-and-on rain and generally crappy weather these past few days I checked my gopher traps yesterday to find I had caught another pocket gopher.

The cattle across the road have behaved today with no jailbreaks.

Today is a wet, rainy, chilly  day.  At least a little better than higher up.  This morning I talked with one of my former census enumerators and he said they had a inch of snow at his place this morning.  Get out the skis!!!

No comments: