Monday, October 18, 2010

Fixing a hole

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
And stops my mind from wandering
Where will it go

I'd say I'm doing this for the benefit of Mr. Kite, but that's another song by the Beatles.


Today I finally started on repairing / upgrading my hayshed.

My hayshed is not typical as decades ago (1980 in fact as I helped) dad had added long metal sheets to cover the plywood sheets covering the lower two thirds of the shed.  And added metal and fiberglass sheets along the top.  All in an effort to protect the hay inside.  While I currently am not irritating the hayfield - or getting three cuttings and lots of hay to store in the hayshed - I do have stuff stored in there that I want to protect from the elements.

This summer part of one of the old fiberglass panels blew in and left me with a hole to fix.


Also notice the two pieces of plywood I had added a number of years ago as a patch to fix two former broken pieces of fiberglass until I could get new pieces of fiberglass. 

Since I would be fixing a hole I decided to replace the plywood sheets as they look tacky.


Well... time passed since my plywood repair, and instead of getting new sheets of fiberglass, I have acquired over the years various metal sheets.  They will certainly last longer than fiberglass.

So this is how my repair job looks at dusk today.


I realize it would look better if these sheets' ridges were vertical like the lower sheets, but I am not going to cut the sheets to achieve that look.

No comments: