Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hayshed progress

 I don't think I've been working hard but last night I slept 11 and 1/2 hours straight.  Wow.  I'm surprised.

Tuesday I worked more on the hayshed.

You'd think I'd get more done each day but Tuesday I decided to move and build more braces between the posts and that takes time as I was way up there and had to move slowly and carefully.  Also because the nights are cold the days don't warm up until early afternoon.   I also spent Tuesday re-insulating the well's pump house door.  I also put out a couple pocket gopher traps and caught another pocket gopher.  That makes 170 of them caught this year.  I lent a neighbor down the road a trap as he has a problem with pocket gophers in his backyard.

Photo 1 is Monday's work and photo 2 is Tueday's work.


The metal sheets I had didn't quite reach all the way across.  Dang!  Now that I look at my work I'm thinking I should have placed each pair of sheets from each side leaving the gap to be filled in the middle.  Especially since my challenge now is to find another silver metal sheet for the last section.  I have a number of white or brown metal sheets but only a few silver sheets, and those sheets are full size and used and not ones I would want to cut a short section from.  Today's plan is to check another storage area that may have silver sheets - which involves moving stuff around..

The temperature is now 47 degrees and, now that I finished baking another apple pie, I should get outside and get to work.

No comments: