Friday, October 22, 2010

Jet trail

Thursday night I saw a jet trail in the evening sky.


Now that I've finished working on the hayshed I've:
  •  raked leaves from much of the yard and dumped them on my garden area and raspberry bushes,
  • pruned my raspberry bushes,
  • did my monthly start of my RV,
  • moved some boards from the pole shed to the hayshed,
  • used up the rest of my Manhattan Mist paint on the garage addition I had fixed earlier this summer.  The paint didn't come close to covering the addition,
  • set out the rest of my pocket gopher traps.  I caught one pocket gopher and had one trap break.  The broken trap was the old style trap with a plastic trigger.  The new traps have a metal trigger.
  • visited a neighbor having a garage sale.  They had so little stuff to sell as to make the sale almost pointless to hold.
  • helped Bob and Jan.
  • met Bob and Jan's new dog, Chloe.  Jasmine, the previous dog, had a tumor or cancer and had to be put to sleep a couple weeks ago.  They got the new dog from the Humane Society.  It has long legs and is quite thin.

    Today they had the dog in their outdoor kennel while Jan ran errands uptown.  Bob saw three magpies harass and attack the dog until it lept/crawled over the fence and run for the house.  The magpies then stole the dog's food and stashed it about the yard for later eating. 
  • Midday I saw a herd of 11 mule deer in the field south of my pasture.  Mule deer are unusual as we typically have white tailed deer.
  • split some firewood.

No comments: