Sunday, October 24, 2010

Futile painting

Late Saturday afternoon I decided to 'go for it' and painted my windmill's blades red.  I say 'go for it' as the temperature was in the 40s, it was 6 pm, and the forecast was for rain on Sunday.

The paint can's label said the paint would dry in four hours when the temperature was 35 degrees.

I can do it.

I painted the windmill's blades and still had time to paint one of my rain gutters' downspouts.

I woke up Sunday morning to a light rain/drizzle.

The windmill's blades were again silver as the paint had washed off.  Some of the pretty rocks beneath the windmill were red and/or pink and I had to scrub the paint off them this morning.  I picked up the downspout from where I left it under the patio overnight to dry and found the paint to be wet.

*argh!*

At least the downspout was under the patio and the rain hadn't washed the paint off.   Now if it would only dry.  And the rain to stop as I have projects to complete before winter arrives.

No comments: