Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sea serpent

Back when I was back in school, back before the internet, and when we only had two TV stations to watch, I was a little bit of an artist.  I took some art classes throughout high school.  I guess I needed something to balance my interest in math.

When I was home last month I found one of my drawings that my mother had saved.  Whether she saved it because I drew it, or whether she wanted the backside of the poster sized paper for another use, who knows.  I do have a faint memory of drawing it.

I scanned my drawing before tossing the original.  It was too big to easily keep.  Besides if I kept it I would have stored it somewhere and then forgot I had it.



I don't remember where my inspiration for the drawing came from.  Perhaps from a book I was reading, perhaps from the Loch Ness monster, perhaps partly from the old Beany and Cecil cartoon show.  If so, then it was a only a starting point as my sea serpent is more on the 'serpent' side.


No comments: