Friday, November 27, 2009

Fog, fence and apples

The valley inversions are back.  Thursday's fog didn't burn off until 2 pm and started to come back by sundown a few hours later.   Last night was very foggy and the visibility was only a quarter of a mile.  Even so when I looked up in the night sky I could see the half moon.  The moon was cool looking with a white circle around it due to the fog.  Only the moon was visible.  No stars could be seen which added to the strange effect.

I put the fence back up now that I am done cutting on that tree.  I fixed the board that was broken when I had cut the box elder branch.  I had to replace one board.  Guess which one?



I completed my tree trimming for the year as I pruned the apple tree out in the pasture.  This is the tree that may never have been pruned as it was very tall.  I started the pruning this Spring, and Thursday I brought down the height even more.  The tree is still tall as I had to stand on a step ladder and use a pole start to reach to cut the branch.  But at least now I have a chance next year to reach most of the apples on the tree.   On the branch I cut were lots of old apples that for some reason never fell to the ground and were way too high for me to reach.


No comments: