Thursday, November 26, 2009

Sawdust

The chainsaw works!  Hurray!

The chainsaw is an old model.  It doesn't have the little plastic bulb to prime the saw before starting.  Pulling the rope and working the choke got it started.

When it ran, the "bup-bup" engine's sound reminded me of a Harley Davidson motorcycle.  I may call it "Harley".



You know what?  Does a chainsaw for left handed people exist?  I've always used a right handed chainsaw and I wonder if a left handed one would feel right to me.

I went to work on the part of the box elder tree I had cut down last week.  It is now all cut up and stacked for drying and splitting next year. Four wheelbarrow loads to move what I cut today.  It is so nice to have one of the projects on my "Before Winter" to-do list done.



I now have trimmed all the shrubs and trees around the house, pruned the apple trees, and trimmed the box elder trees in the fruit tree and garden area and the ones next to the pole shed.  It is easier to do now when the sap is down, and when the leaves are gone and I can see the branches to get an idea on how to shape the trees.  Also when leaves are on I find it hard to be ruthless and end up leaving more branches on the tree than I should.

*whew!*

Another item off my list and nothing new to add to the list.  For once my list is shrinking.  I am down to a dozen items.  Many I know I won't get to before snow.  I.e. finish painting.

I have the cut branches piled around the yard and need to haul them out to the pasture. Ooops... wait... I better get that done quick else I'll have another item to add to my to-do list. 

Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone!

No comments: