Monday, November 09, 2009

Rochester trees

Here are some photos I took in October when I was in Rochester, MN.  These photos are of trees that I planted at the last apartment complex I had lived at in Rochester.  The apartment complex had no trees and the landlord let me transplant trees I had found here and there growing wild when bicycling around the Rochester area.  Before I left I even planted trees at the neighboring apartment building when a number of its tenants asked me to plant some trees there.

I planted these trees in the mid-1990s, while the other apartment's trees (the three trees on the left side in the first photo) were planted in the late 1990s.  All these trees were small when I planted them.  Man!  Look at them now!

(The winter photos were taken in 2005.  The pine trees especially have really grown since then!)





I had planted all these pine trees behind the apartment complex's garages.
  They were only a few feet tall when I planted them. Look at them now!

I also had planted a number of deciduous trees among the pines.  They were planted to provide something since  pine trees grow slower.  The stump in the one photo was one of several fast growing willow trees.  As you can see all the deciduous trees have been cut down as the pines are a good height now.





 

No comments: