Sunday, November 08, 2009

Dead batteries and cats

Or another way to title this post... death and destruction.
 
Since I was gone a month and hadn't started my vehicles during that time several batteries had no life to start their vehicles.  The battery charger didn't provide enough of a charge on my car's battery so I had to jump the car using my pickup (which fortunately did start).  For my RV the battery charger did work to charge that battery and I was able to start that vehicle.  Ah, the problem with owning stuff... having to service and maintain it.

Speaking of the dead... Jan called me this morning and asked for a favor.  Someone had hit and killed a stray cat on the road by Bob and Jan's mailbox.  It appeared the people who struck the cat moved it off the road and then covered it with a child's sweatshirt.  Jan asked I could come and dispose of the dead cat as it was grossing her out.  I buried it in my hayfield.

One of the pocket gophers I had trapped the other day bit the trap's trigger as it died.  It's teeth were locked onto the trigger and it was a pain to remove the gopher from the trap as it was an old style trap that was an enclosed round plastic tunnel.

Did I mention that when I was gone in October my neighbor replaced the fiberglass panels on my hay shed that were damaged when the neighbor's shop burnt down last June?

Photo 1 shows the four scorched panels on my hay shed. The right two panels later broke when a strong wind blew.

Photo 2 shows the two replaced panels and the two scorched ones that are left.  The lighter colored panels are the two scorched ones and the two replaced panels are the darker panels to the left of the scorched ones.

No comments: