Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Red paint on trim

Hey! Even though I had my doubts the weather would be good enough to do any more painting this year (our normal high temperature now is 41 degrees) , Monday the weather finally improved enough that I was able to do a little painting.  And I mean 'a little' as I only had several  hours of warm weather before it got dark.  We warmed up to a balmy sunny 49 degrees today.  Woo hoo!

I got my can of red paint and I touched up some spots where another color intruded on some of the previously red painted trim.  I also painted the trim around the large north window on the house.

I am not sure if it is because the red paint can was opened several months ago and there is a minority of paint left in the can, or because the temperature was on the cooler side, but the paint didn't flow as smooth as when I last painted in September.  Though it didn't matter too much on the touch ups or the new trim.  With red paint I find I have to paint at least several coats when painting over a lighter color.

Since the clouds disappeared today I could see the mountain tops.  I also could see through the gap into Glacier Park.  Those mountains are all very white.

No comments: