Saturday, July 04, 2009

Over a hundred

FYI - I have now trapped over 100 pocket gophers this year. And that is with two missing traps. I am now down to five traps. Last week one trap went missing. Then a few days later another trap went missing. Unlike the last time I have not found the traps. This is a mystery as it could be a dog or a coyote or a person taking my traps. I even asked the neighbors if they had seen my traps as the missing traps were just on my side of the fence near their house. Nope, they seen nothing.

If the traps are anywhere near maybe I'll find them once the hayfield is cut, that is if the swather doesn't run them over. It sure would be nice to get my missing traps as dirt mounds are popping up now that the pocket gopher kids are moving away from home and out into the world.

As for regular gophers, I hadn't found any holes until recently when I stumbled upon six holes. I put traps on them Friday and I hope I will finally get the last of them.

And if you are wondering about the cattle... they are behaving nicely - though I hope I am not jinxing anything by praising them.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments: