Sunday, July 19, 2009

Brian and Alison on the train

Saturday night around 9 pm I met Brian and Alison at the train station in Whitefish as they passed through on their way from Minnesota to Washington state. They are on their way to help Alison's mom move from Washington state to Minnesota. Why? I don't know! I mean, why is Alison's mom moving from Washington state to Minnesota? I would think it would be the other way around!

The train stops for just 20 minutes so visits are brief. Our time was even a few minutes shorter as I was late as the train had already arrived. I had a good reason to be late: a busy and long day at a farm auction, then chasing/searching for one of my ninja heifers (more on that later).

This is the first time I met Alison in person and she looks as lovely in person as in the photos Brian has sent me. Brian is a long time friend from my days of living in Minnesota so it was nice to finally meet his wife. Yes! His wife! Brian got married earlier this year. Good for him! It looks good on him.

While I did see Brian first as he was looking for me outside the train station I instantly recognized Alison from the photos and greeted her first. She greeted me with a hug which may not have been ideal as I had spent seven hours sitting/standing outside at a farm auction under a clear sky and in near 90 F temperatures. Then I spent over an hour searching for a heifer through the river, peninsula, small island, several pastures, trees, and the muck and mud. I didn't have time to get cleaned up before the train arrived.

We had a lively though brief conversation outside the train and I also got to meet Alison's brother and cousin. Alison seems really nice so Brian has done well.

Don't they look like a great couple?

No comments: