Monday, February 16, 2009

Neighbor snow

This afternoon a unknown pickup pulled into the driveway and sat there while the driver talked on a cell phone. After a bit I noticed the neighbor lady, Faye, from across the street come out and stand by her house. Faye couldn't come over as their yard was buried in snow. I asked my brother to go out and see if Faye wanted to speak with the driver. She did.

The pickup driver had problems with backing out of our driveway when he shouldn't have had any problem. It took him four tries to back out and by the time he did back out I was starting to fear he would run over our mailbox as he was starting to drive off the driveway.

The pickup drove over to another house across from Faye's house, and after problems backing out of that driveway, drove off leaving Faye's husband standing in their driveway. He wasn't too happy.

I went over and learned the guys in the pickup were shoveling snow off Faye's house roof. They had worked for an hour in the morning, shoveled a little bit, then left for lunch after asking for an advance on their payment so they could buy lunch. Why they couldn't find Faye's house after lunch is a mystery.

I told Faye I would shovel the snow off her roof and my brother came over and helped me. We got their entire roof shoveled in about an hour. It wasn't easy as there was lots of snow and it had melted a bit and compacted down. It was harder to shovel the snow than I expected. Between cross skiing yesterday and this shoveling I am feeling a bit stiff and sore right now.

While we were on the roof a car that had been with the pickup came back. Apparently the pickup got stopped by the police because the pickup's license tags had expired. Then the pickup ran out of gas. Faye had her husband get them some gas so they could come back and retrieve their shovels and ladder. I noticed they had problems in backing out of Faye's driveway as they left.

To say these guys were not the sharpest sticks in the woods is a major understatement.

Faye will have my brother and I over for supper later this week as thanks.

Here is some of the snow I shoveled off their roof.

No comments: