Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Liver, wine, hat

'So.. how does liver sound?'

"Sure!"

Sunday night I went over to my friend Rod's house for supper and to help him bottle wine. Rod and his wife had recently gotten a half a beef from her relatives and they needed room in their freezer. Hence the liver for supper.

Also attending the meal were Ed (from trivia night) and Alan. The meal and company were very good. Afterwards we went downstairs and bottled two batches of wine Rod was making: Apple and Apple/Rhubarb.

After we were done Rod gave me a bottle of each wine along with a bottle of Pomegranate/Rhubarb wine he had made earlier and was pretty proud of.

When it came time to leave I could not find my cap. My coat, gloves, and ear muffs were all where I left them but my hat was gone. After much searching Rod found my hat. Or what was left of my hat. Rod's dog, Buddy, had gotten my hat and destroyed it. It was my nice Missoula Livestock Auction hat. Oh well.

As I had walked the mile to Rod's house I needed a hat for my walk home in the cold. Rod gave me another one of his hats as a replacement for my destroyed hat.

We had wine with our supper and later tasted the wine we were bottling. The wine Rod was bottling tested to be 10% and 11% alcohol. The next morning I had a little bit of a hangover.

No comments: