Monday, February 02, 2009

Leaving on a late train

I should be on the train now on my way to North Dakota. Yup, the train is late. Way late. Over four and a half hours late.

The train is so late that "Julie" from Amtrak called me with an automated phone message an hour after the train was to leave the Whitefish station to let me know the train was late; this was the only train to North Dakota today; and that "she" appreciates my understanding in waiting for the train. "She" said the train was late due to a "service disruption". I wonder if there was a freight train derailment slowing my train?

My poor brother. If the train continues to be as late he will be getting me at 2 am instead of 9:22 pm. *argh*

And I woke up to an inch of snow this morning. Where did that come from? Another great job by the weather forecasters.

No comments: