Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Snow in June

The weather forecaster got it wrong again!

The forecast was for rain in the Valley and snow in the mountains. I woke up this morning to snow blanketing everything. And it snowed all day.

It is suppose to snow tomorrow also. This is suppose to end by Thursday afternoon. I'll believe it when I see it!

I don't know how many inches fell as the temperature hovered above freezing all day and the snow somewhat melted during the day.

Snow on June 10!!! Well... this is Montana.

Photo 1 is my front yard when I got up for the day.
Photo 2 is my front yard in the afternoon. Big, fluffy, wet snowflakes.
Photo 3: behind the pine trees is the Swan Mountain Range. Can't see it? Neither could I all day.


My back yard. Photo 1 was taken yesterday when it wasn't raining. Photo 2 was taken this morning.



Yeh, I know. I need to cut my lawn. I will... sort of... once I get things in order. Then I'll let the cattle in to eat the grass down. The grass is too tall to mow.

The back 40 yesterday... (the two white objects are milk jugs on poles to mark my pocket gopher traps)


The back 40 today...


What a difference a day makes!

2 comments:

david said...

It was almost blizzard-like this morning here in Great Falls -- wound up with about six inches or so. Very heavy, wet snow. Nearly all gone 12 hours later -- but really cool to see snow in June!

Tall Pines said...

david, I agree. Friends from out of state have told me I can keep the snow, thank you very much. But I like June snow as it is wet, fluffy, and will be gone in less than a day.