Monday, June 09, 2008

Back online

I am finally back online at home. For my internet access one of the support centers in Mumbai, India was flooded. It took several days before I could get through to a real live person to have my internet reactivated.

*whew*

It has been wet and busy here. And cold. I used my wood stove over the weekend to heat my house as the temperature outside was in the lower 40s F. Today was suppose to be dry with some sun - it wasn't. I guess a 20% chance of rain means it is going to rain at least 20% of the time. During light rainy periods I kept working outside. It was sunny and dry briefly this morning - until I stepped outside. It began to rain 10 minutes later.

*augh!* I have stuff to do!

I have cattle as I am renting pasture to Dan. And I have had 3 and 1/2 jailbreaks already!!! Three jailbreaks in 48 hours - a new record. And out of the corral of all places! Last year I only had two jailbreaks and one jailbreak was through a neighbor's fence when the cattle were invited to eat his pasture down.

I have already trapped five pocket gophers without really trying. I've been busy doing other stuff and only put out a few traps when I stumbled across gopher mounds.

The forecast is for rain over the next few days. If it rains at 20% chance I am certain it will be another all day rain with a 90% chance. The mountains have a Winter storm watch out over the next several days as they are predicted to get one to two feet of snow. When I get time I will upload some photos of the mountain view from my front yard. Lots of snow on them. I'll have to fire up my wood stove again as the predicted high the next few days is in the low 40s F. Where's global warming when you need it?

No comments: