Friday, June 27, 2008

Colleen

Monday, as I was riding to the Sportsman store to buy a pair of yaktrax, I saw Colleen. Or I should say she saw me and stopped to chat. The road I was riding my bicycle on had no shoulders so she pulled off onto an approach up ahead of me.

I hadn't noticed her, and I should have recognized her beautiful blue pickup, but I hadn't as I was lost in thought. I almost rode by her. It wasn't until I was passing by her truck and saw her personalized license plates, that I recognized her truck. (The photo is from last year when we were out exploring.)

She had recognized me. Who else rides an old beat up bicycle and does not wear a helmet - as she pointed out.

There she was, as beautiful as ever. She had not changed - she was still smoking hot. And classy. She dresses stylish and classy. Of those of you who know me, dressing classy wouldn't describe me. I usually have more of the "homeless person / bum / just crawled through a barb wire fence" vibe going on.

With Colleen, sitting in the passenger seat, was her English pug. This dog is a slobbering happy blob, but so sweet tempered and nice and lovable. Just watch out for the drool. Colleen plans to get a little bicycle trailer so she can bring her dog on her bicycle rides.

I hadn't seen Colleen since she broke up with me late last summer so we chatted a bit on what's going on our lives, about her job and kids, etc. She is also in the middle of a remodeling project in her house. Is it just the women I attract, or do all women have a thing for house remodeling?

After a bit, we were on our ways again with Colleen saying "we should have lunch sometime". We'll see. It was nice seeing her again but considering how our relationship ended last year, let's just say my Cancerian cautious side has come out. Even though we had a great time together, and we could again in the future, ...once burned, twice shy. I can probably chalk up her 'lunch' comment to her being polite. She is a nice person. If she does want to do more, probably she'll have to make the first move.

No comments: