Thursday, April 03, 2008

New washing machine

Tuesday afternoon I picked up mom's new Sears Kenmore model 2852 washing machine. No dents this time! My brother and I carefully moved it downstairs to the lower level of the house and my brother hooked it up to the water and drain.

We have washed a number of loads of clothes so far and the machine works good. Researching on the internet on which washing machine to buy I had read comments that some people thought the Sears Kenmore was a loud machine but I believe the Kenmore is a relatively quiet machine and is much quieter than mom's old Frigidaire washer with its old up-and-down agitator.

Other comments mentioned a tendency to "walk" during the spin cycle. I am not sure about that as we placed our washer between the dryer and a wall beam and there is no room to "walk" even if the machine wanted to. I don't believe the machine has an automatic load balancer as sometimes the spin cycle 'sounds' as if the load is unbalanced.

Wouldn't you know it? After weeks of watching for sales, now that I bought a machine everyone has sales, including Menards with the Whirlpool machine I wanted. Sears now has a 15% rebate on machines. I got a 12% rebate when I bought it last week. Sears has a 30 day price guarantee but I found that only covers the price - not rebates or special promotions. Sneaky how they get around the 30-day price guarantee.

No comments: