Friday, April 11, 2008

Kaori

Kaori: a Japanese feminine given name.

Another name I like if I ever have a daughter.

Tonight I watched a French movie ("Fear and Trembling") about a young Belgian woman attempting to live and work in Japan. The actress who played the lead Japanese woman is named Kaori Tsuji.

Tonight, as it appeared in the movie's credits, is the first time I have ever seen the word Kaori. Instantly I liked the name and immediately thought it would be a good name if I ever have a daughter. I like how the word sounds and I like how the word looks.

My first and only choice for a daughter's name prior to Kaori was Saffron. I have loved this name ever since I heard it in Donovan's song "Mellow Yellow" decades ago. Of course I love the song.
I'm just mad about Saffron
Saffron's mad about me
I'm just mad about Saffron
She's just mad about me

{Refrain}
They call me mellow yellow
(Quite rightly)
They call me mellow yellow
(Quite rightly)
They call me mellow yellow
Here is a good YouTube video for Mellow Yellow. Someone came up with a clever and fun animated video for the song.

Saffron and Kaori. Hmm... I think Kaori goes better with my last name. No matter, I am nowhere close to having a daughter. I need a wife first.

No comments: