Monday, April 14, 2008

More med hassles

This will be short else I will write something I may regret. Yes, it is about mom's medications, doctors and pharmacists. *argh!* If this keeps up I will either jump off a cliff else push someone else off a cliff. (I suppose it is a good thing I am in North Dakota right now where there are no cliffs).

My brother was smart when he went to pick up the medicines from the pharmacy. He had the pharmacist call me with the news that a prescription was missing from the doctor. The pharmacist, and not my brother, got an earful from me.

My efforts started at 9 am today and went past 5 pm when I sat alone in the clinic's lobby so the doctor wouldn't slip by and forget to write the required prescriptions. Then, later, I found some other of mom's prescriptions are still not completely correct: missing, wrong amounts, wrong dosages. And I found out one med mom has been taking at bedtime ever since she was in Manor Care is to be taken with food. At bedtime?

I will be calling the doctor's office again tomorrow morning.

No comments: