Sunday, November 04, 2007

My blog's reading level

I had a web site calculate my blog's reading level. High School?! Then I thought about it some more. I believe many professional articles are written for a 4th grade reading level. And to write at an university level may be too elitist and limiting. I guess writing at a high school level is about right.

Then I checked a few friends' blogs. Amy's (a professional writer) blog and Dawn's (an English major) blog are written at the junior high school level. Ruby's (a waitress) blog is written at a post-grad college level. I find all these blogs accessible and enjoyable to read.

So what does all this tell us? The higher education one has, the lower level to which one writes? But then I don't Ruby's entire background. Maybe she is an English Literature major and I don't know it.

Check here to run the test on a blog of your choice.

No comments: