Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chainsaw and Mountains

Tuesday I spent all afternoon with my chainsaw. By the end of the afternoon the chainsaw's chain was dull. While I writing this I can tell I will be stiff and sore in the morning.

I cut three large trees into logs to be split for firewood. I also cut a little bit on two more fallen trees. This Fall, that makes it 5 full/long trees cut into logs with partial cuts on three other trees.

I have seven trees left to cut into logs. That will wait until next year. I already have enough wood split for firewood. Splitting the logs I have just cut will add to my large pile of firewood and the effort will take me into next year.

Photo 1: two cut trees: looking west
Photo 2: two cut trees: looking east



Photo 1: the third tree that I cut
Photo 2: one of the partially cut trees. This tree broke off this summer in a windstorm. I think it was a combination of not being used to the wind and some rot caused by insects.



I also cut a third of the limbs off another very tall tree that was uprooted during a windstorm this summer. I forgot to take a photo of that tree.

After 4 pm here is the view I saw while cutting trees. I can't complain about my life.

No comments: