Monday, November 19, 2007

Broccoli pulled

This afternoon I pulled my garden's six broccoli plants. We had a dusting of snow overnight and the forecast is for the high temperatures to be near freezing all week. The plants are doing fine and broccoli is still growing, albeit slowly. I decided to "pull the plug" on the plants. It has come to a point where the growth is so slow the effort to cover the plants each night is no longer worth it.

Still, this is the longest I ever had broccoli plants growing. Mid November!!! Who says global warming is all bad?!

I still have beets, onions, and carrots in the ground. Since it not super cold I am letting the outdoors be my "cooler" to keep the vegetables from spoiling.

Photo taken prior to pulling the broccoli plants. Photo 2 is of the beets and onions.

No comments: