Monday, October 22, 2007

Birthday dinner

Saturday night I joined the rest of my hiking group to celebrate Sue Ann's birthday. It was more of a time for everyone to get together outside of a hike. Sue Ann and I are the two single hikers and everyone else brought their spouse along.

Joyce invited everyone to her house for dinner at 5:30 pm. I was 15 minutes late as I had printed some photos for Sue Ann and Joyce showing them during a few of our hikes. I also burnt a CD with photos of times Joyce hiked with the group and this is what delayed me.

Joyce and her daughter Kristan made the meal. Roast beef, mashed potatoes, green beans, cranberries, veggie salad, homemade buns, and huckleberry dessert. Everything was homemade and made from scratch. Even the topping for the huckleberry dessert. Joyce doesn't like Cool Whip so she makes her own whipped topping. It was all very good and everyone had seconds. Some of us had thirds of the dessert as the photo viewing took a long time.

Over the meal Joyce and Edley talked about bear and mountain lion sightings over the years on their ranch.

After supper we put the CD of photos into Joyce's DVD player and we looked at the photos. I hadn't realized that I had over 800 photos! I guess we have been busy going on hikes and I have been busy taking photos. Not everyone had gone on all the hikes so this was an opportunity for people and their spouses to see what they missed.

It was late when we drifted out. Many people left before 11 pm and I was there to show the photos to the end and then chat a bit until 11:50 pm.

It was a very nice time, everyone was getting good natured ribbing about our hiking adventures (some - me - more than others ), and we also were making plans for another hike this week - naturally.

No comments: