Saturday, May 12, 2007

Early night?

No long post tonight. Going to bed between 2 am and 2:30 am, then getting up before 8 am is starting to wear me down. Plus all the activities during the day.

While my uncles and aunts are getting more sleep than I, they also are starting to slow down. I could include a photo of my Uncle Larry taking a late afternoon siesta and looking like a lobster from the sun, but I won't. If his son Martin sees the photo of his dad resting afterwards, he'll never forgive me. Martin told me not to wear his parents out on hiking trails, and while we have hardly hiked, we have done other stuff around the ranch. I was kidding about having my relatives help me with the ranch chores before I let them leave, but they took Thursday and we worked on a complete rebuild of one wooden cattle feeder. They are working harder than if they had gone on a hike.

The governor of Montana, Brian Schwitzer, spoke to my uncle Curt a few days ago.

I am working on convincing my uncles and aunts to move to Montana. My aunt Cathy is all for it. She has her eye on 25 acres down the road from my ranch. She hasn't convinced Curt yet to buy it and move here.

Of course if my relatives move here they will ensure I have a girlfriend. They are working overtime in trying to find me a girlfriend. For example, tonight they made it clear to our waitress I needed a girlfriend, and was she available? When she wasn't available, they asked if she had a sister available for me.

We've done so much the past few days I hope I can remember some of it later when I have time to write about their visit.

No comments: