Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Pumpkin: bread and pie

Sunday I got busy with my pumpkin paste. I had stored the paste from last Fall in my non-working freezer outside. The temperature over the weekend has warmed up to the 40s and I need to do something with them. Most containers were no longer frozen from being outside over winter. I had seventeen 8 ounce (3 cups) containers. Most containers had mold starting to grow on the top of the paste. Yuck!

I made a loaf of pumpkin bread and muffins, then made a large pumpkin pie. I am glad I love pumpkin - and that it is so healthy for a person to eat!

For the rest of the containers I scrapped away the old moldy paste. I ended up tossing a third of the paste to make sure I removed all the moldly parts. In the end I have 10 containers left and put them in my refridgerator in the house. Still, this slows down the aging process but does not stop it.

Guess I'll be eating lots of pumpkin related food the next month!

No comments: