Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mountain snow in March

Here are a few photos I took Monday.

The first photo is of the mountains in Glacier National Park as seen from my place through Badrock Canyon. Note: the camera has a good telephoto lens so the mountains are not really quite this close. The snow covered mountains are in Glacier Park. Yes: lots of snow in the Park. By July/August the snow is gone from those mountains.

The second photo is of the Swan Range that I see each day from my front yard. Again the telephoto was used, though not to the extent of the Glacier photo. As you can see the grass is still dead as this is barely Spring. Thankfully the blue and white of the mountains, and the green of the pine trees, provide much needed color.

1 comment:

Montana Tom said...

What you'll need to do is take the same photos in another month. The change should be dramatic. As you well know, we're entering the muddy season, but our part of Montana is about to turn green :-)

Great blog!

PS: I just posted some comments on my blog that you'll probably appreciate about spring in Glacier National Park. I also manage a website about Glacier Park and Flathead Lake.