Tuesday, March 13, 2007

New subdivision

Some developers are like vampires: they prey on the weak and defenseless, suck their prey dry, and rise from the dead when you think you've stopped them. Okay, I am being a bit harsh. Developers can and have done good and do take risks to earn their reward.

The housing subdivision (which I believe I wrote about last summer) had been in limbo after a landowner got a lawyer and sued the developer when he tried to roll over the landowner on his road easement. Last week I learned the developer redesigned his proposal and reduced the number of houses from 52 units to 20 units and now is protecting the landowner's road easement.

Having satisfied the landowner the developer is now going back before the County Planning Board to get his new subdivision design approved.

I still have the same road issues and again am fighting for common sense to prevail. The way the subdivision is designed Tronstad Rd cannot be extended in the future to connect Hwy 93 and Hwy 2. I would like the road's right of way to be preserved. As this area is being developed - and this is happening rapidly! - roads will have to be expanded and new roads built. The county is not doing this. At this rate we will end up with traffic problems like Los Angeles.

I have been living and breathing this off-and-on last week, and since Friday, everyday all day. I have been talking so much to so many people my voice is getting tired. I am meeting lots of new people and more of my neighbors, and learning more history of the area I live, and the current and past residents and their relationships and stories. So that part is good.

I could write more about my "adventures" (especially today's meetings with Kalispell's planners and public utility people!!!! ), but I want a break and plan to watch a movie. It's after midnight? Hmmm... I still think I can watch a movie. Got to pick an interesting one so I don't fall asleep watching it.

No comments: