Thursday, March 15, 2007

Defeat and strange encouragement

This won't be a long post as I am tired. Emotionally exhausted. Yup, I lost the subdivision vote. After a day or two - if I want to relive it - I will write something about my adventures in bureaucracy and also how the meeting went tonight. The meeting started at 6 pm and it was after 10 pm when I left.

Most people have encouraged me in my pursuit of the road and traffic improvements and thanked me. One Planning Board member when telling me - between the lines - during a break before the final vote that the vote would go against me, encouraged me to continue to pursue road and transportation issues.

Shockingly, during the break after I had spoke the developer's lawyer introduced himself to me and told me he admired what I was doing and that I was on the right track in pushing transportation issues. He was encouraging me. My jaw about dropped to the floor.

Everyone is encouraging me and agreeing with me, but I still lost. It is politics, and I am not a politician.

To those of you, who called and emailed encouragement... thanks.

No comments: