Saturday, October 28, 2006

Mouse, etc.

Tonight I finally caught that little mouse eating my peanut butter. Since earlier this week when I tossed the mouse outside with the garbage sack I have been playing "cat and mouse" with a mouse. Every morning I baited the mouse trap with peanut butter and every night the mouse would lick it clean without triggering the trap. The mouse would leave the peanut in the trigger's curl alone. Every morning I would try to make the trigger more of a 'hair trigger'. Well, success tonight.

I went hiking in Glacier today. Apparently the group has gone on a few other hikes the past few weeks but not on Fridays as the Friday weather has been poor. They were unable to reach me to let me know about the other hikes, but that was alright as I was pre-occupied by replacing my hot water heater.

Before writing about today's hike I need to finish my write-up about my "Dragon's Tail" hike. The writing is done but the photo upload has been going slow as I have dialup and I have lots of photos from that hike.

I learned today that Arnie, who is 81, gets a free season pass to the Big Mountain ski resort. People 80 and up can ski free. At 81 he still skis, though he claims not as much as he use to do.

My new, replacement, camera started acting up just like the other one. I've had it - what - a few weeks now? The lens often doesn't open all the way on its own. I like the rest of the camera, just not this problem. This is the same problem as too why I took the same model camera back to OfficeMax to be replaced. I see I am not alone as a few other people online have written their Cannon Power Shot A540 camera has lens opening problems. *sigh*

Other than that, I have split more firewood and stopped to talk with my neighbor, Daryl, who is replacing his trailer with a modular home. Even though he is not building a regular house, just like with a regular house, the process has not gone smoothly. The home was finally delivered Thursday and two cranes hoisted the two parts onto his new foundation.

I better get to bed so I can get up at a decent time. The weather forecast is for a day and a half of decent weather before rain and cold weather arrive. Highs temperatures in the mid 30s is below normal and with rain predicted we may get snow in the valley. There is definitely snow in the mountains already as we hiked up above the snow line today.

No comments: