Sunday, May 21, 2006

Swan Mountain Range

The mountains I see out my front window, the Swan Mountain Range, have their own web site.

The web site is really good with lots of maps and photos. My view is of the northern part of the mountain range.

I have hiked up to the top via the Jewel Basin, and a couple years ago via the Hungry Horse Reservoir. When I hiked up via the Jewel Basin it was October; and hiking along Alpine Trail #7 I counted six piles of bear scat on my hike in and seven piles of scat on my hike out. I am sure I didn't miscount.

This range is nice to hike in the summer as most visitors hike, and crowd, Glacier Nat'l Park.

The web site also has a link so you can take a virtual tour of Alpine Trail #7 with lots of great photos.

Here a couple of photos from the web site to encourage you to check the web site out and the rest of their photos.

No comments: