Saturday, May 27, 2023

Cut branches for firewood

Here are some photos of my cut branches that I use for firewood.

This photo shows the cut branches from this stack of logs that I used for firewood last Winter.  Might be almost half of them.  I also had stacked some cut branches in my patio.


You can see last year's cut branches are gone by this Spring.  The logs are still there.


Here are the last load of cut branches from the south pasture.  The 'colorful' logs in the stack are from the tree that fell over last Winter in the middle pasture.



After I stacked the branches from the pickup.


This side of the stack shows the branches I cut up over the Winter and earlier this Spring.  These are some of the branches I picked up last Fall from the yard, NE pasture and north pasture.  Most of these branches I cut using a handsaw as I has time while the cattle's water trough was filling.


Other than a pickup load of branches left to get from the south pasture, here are the branches stacked in the NE pasture I have left to cut.  I guess I won't have to split logs for firewood this coming Winter.



I heat my house using the wood stove. The previous photos show about half of my logs. As you can see I have enough firewood to last me years.

No comments: