Friday, March 10, 2023

Pushing part of a tree stump

Yesterday I noticed a partial tree stump was pushed from the log pile in the NE corner of the middle pasture out and along the fence for a ways.  Haynes the bull I bet did it.  The tree came to a stop where I had made a snow pile when pushing snow with the tractor.  Also stopping the stump was that the stump was partially in the barb wire fence.  Haynes sure can push things.



Here is the 'front' side of the stump, and then the 'back' side of the stump.


I moved the stump back to the NE corner of the pasture.


Some snow today.  More on the minimum prediction, not the maximum prediction.  But we'll see once tomorrow comes around.  The temperature is in the 20s with some wind.  Not bad, though I left most of the cows and Haynes in the middle pasture with the hay.  They spent part of the day in the NE corner of the pasture near the stack of logs, and the partial tree stump, and the middle/north pasture gate.  The tree stump was moved a little bit, and one of the logs also.  I didn't let the cattle into the corral as they had hay in the pasture, and I don't want the new calf to be crowded out of the loafing shed.

No new calves today.  I looked for any several times, early to late.

No comments: