Thursday, March 02, 2023

Chewed electrical cord

Donna bought me a new stock tank heater for Christmas as my current stock tank heater was old and starting to fall apart.  Good thing I didn't take out the old stock tank heater yet and put in the new stock tank heater,  I discovered yesterday that the calves reached through the corral fence and chewed the old stock tank heater's cord into two pieces.  Also, it was good it was warmer the past few days as I had unplugged the stock tank heater.  

You can see how the one rail is discolored due to the calves sticking their head and neck through the fence and using the rail to rub against.  The cattle never chewed the electric cord before, but there is a first time for everything.



Also, I forgot to mention yesterday when posting about the recent snow and putting out large hay bales for the cattle, that the last two bales at the hayshed entrance were half covered in snow.  At least now I shouldn't have to deal with snow on the bales in the future, especially since we still have snow in the forecast.

Also, the wooden pallets these hay bales were sitting on were frozen into the ground under ice.  I spent some time today using my metal pole to chip the ice and free the pallets so I could remove them.  Otherwise they would be in the way when I get more hay bales from the next row of hay bales.

No comments: