Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Third tree stump removed

Earlier in July, before I had let the cattle back into the middle pasture, I removed the third tree stump this year.  It was a tree stump I had dug around in May of this year.  I was able to chainsaw the stump to remove it.

This was a stump I had kept for the cattle rub against.  They then broke the stump off.




Even though the stump was a number of years old, parts of it were solid and looked like they had some sap in them.




The stump was odd.  I found two sections, and a large side root.



Time to get the chainsaw out and see what it can do.  I was able to cut off the two sections of the stump.  I also was able to cut through the side root.  I just hadn't hauled off the side root before I took the photo.



Cut and done.

No comments: