Friday, October 01, 2021

Re-fencing some pasture trees

No beaver talk today.   Instead I put some fencing around some of my small evergreen trees in the NE pasture.  Otherwise the cattle will eat them.  I had fencing around them, but over the years the trees grew, and now most trees were growing outside the old fencing.  Earlier this week I had re-fenced many of the trees before I let some of the cattle into the NE pasture.  But I had one left to do.

But first, one tree I had put tall chicken wire around it the other day.  I thought that would work for now.  A day later I found the chicken wire was taken down and smashed by the cows.  I only had time that day to put the chicken wire back up somewhat.  Today I had time to make the fencing right.  The chicken wire was again down, and this time the cows dropped manure on the chicken wire to let me know how they felt about my fencing.

Manure on downed chicken wire fencing.

New fencing around that tree.


I also put new posts and fencing around another evergreen tree.



In the evening many insects were flying in this area.  Unusual.  But they didn't bother me.  If you look closely you can see them in the air.

No comments: