Sunday, October 03, 2021

Noisy day

A noisy day today.  Cows and calves bawling.  I don't get headaches, but if I ever got a headache, I imagine I would have had one today.

While I had put most of the cows into the middle and south pastures yesterday, this morning I found that four cows were in the north pasture standing outside the corral and mooing at their calves in the corral.  How did they get there?  They had broke the top wire in the north/middle pasture fence and then jumped over the fence. So I had to fix it.  I left the cows be where they were at.

In the afternoon I started on the yard/hayfield fence rebuild, where I am replacing the board fence with a rail fence.  I want to get as much as I can done before I have to let the cows into the hayfield.  I started at the east end, near the road.  I wanted to start with the harder section first.  This is where the yard/hayfield fence meets up with the yard/road and hayfield/road fences.  And also the caragana trees.  I got much of this section of fence done today.  It was dark when I quit for the day so no photos yet.

A few photos of the heifer calves.

Little Beulah's calf.  Born March 24. 2021.

Same heifer: standing and laying.  Born March 23, 2021.


Beulah's calf.  Born May 30, 2021.  The second youngest calf.

Born March 14, 2021

No comments: